Monday, August 18, 2008

Gaining An Edge

Rush has a song called One Little Victory...It sums up how I feel right now. Just trying to get one little victory to move me along. I feel like I'm getting some after several weeks of setbacks. The past couple of days I feel I made some good progress with my pencils. The 1st one is from sitting down in a salon while waiting for my wife to get a hair cut. I was using my small sketchbook that I don't use enough. It's funny because the first bunch of pages contain some really bad stuff when I wasn't pushing myself much then out of nowhere you get this!I really like the face on the right side as well as the bird. I will clean both up a little bit and see what happens. Now the second one was in the book I normally draw in and just trying to get back to sketching after working on the commission I was committed to finishing. The female on the left was me trying to get a different "feel" for. Getting a distance sort of view I guess if anything.

The other female was once again using things I've learned of late and really getting a good mindset going.


The foot is feeling better but I still do not have any real sort of strength in it for any long period of time (more than 3 min). If I just walk I feel fine then it sort of goes out on me. Ah...love recovery periods.

Cheers!

No comments: