Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's a good day...

So last night I had a awesome run. No question about it...I did 2 miles in 19:02 for a 9:30 pace. To me that is an indication that I am slowly getting back to where I used to be. I really enjoyed my runs under the 10 minute pace as I found myself pushing the best I could and have little left over in the tank.

I added a link to a good friend of mine in the "friends" links below...Kelly is one of my best pals and it should be noted for a couple of years I was barely ahead of her in the runs and now she's gotten ahead of me. Don't worry Kelly...if last nights run is an indication of me returning I will be giving you a run for your money soon enough.

Though I must admit my true goal is the half marathon in November just a handful of days after my 40th birthday. I consider it just another way of me saying I am not dead yet.

I've been working on a sweet commission for a t-shirt. Can't put anything on just yet but once I am able to I will my friends...trust me.

We have a good 4 mile race planned this weekend. The Run For Your Life 4 Miler Run for Your Cause race. It's in the Dilworth area of Charlotte. If ever you get a chance to ride through that area it's beautiful. Almost like watching some of the classic movies with Sophia Loren...just breath taking.

Chat with you soon!

No comments: