Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Star Trek Re-Birthed!

So this past weekend I went with some close friends and saw the new Star Trek movie. I admit at first, before seeing it, I was a purist and having issues with it. After seeing it I can only say what an awesome job on giving it new life. It is an awesome movie for young and old and those in between such as me. I apologize now for the poorly drawn Spock as it was done after the movie in a comfy chair while waiting to eat dinner. Which if you get the chance to eat at a T.G.I. F.'s don't. It was the 1st time I've ever eaten at one and will most likely be the last.

One thing that has been bugging me is lately I've seen a lot of drivers not using directional lights, eating all sorts of food in the car, smoking and talking on the cell at the same time, etc... you get my meaning. I just don't understand the laziness, or poor thinking of people thinking they can do several things at once. Recently it was release that the ability to "multi-task" is incorrect. The brain actually cannot do two things at once and instead does "snap shots" of the task. So you are not truly giving it 100% and only 50%. So, letting me rant on this for another moment, if you are driving and performing another task you are not really paying attention to what is most important...driving. I've seen you weave around in that lane, almost not hit your breaks as you get close to someone, almost miss your turn because you wanted to use the cell phone...

Do me a favor...give driving 100% and give the people around you the attention they deserve. Thanks for letting me rant...I needed that, as Charlotte traffic has gotten my anger lately.

This last sketch is a nice one. I love the guy on the bottom as I was aiming for someone eating a really hot pepper and the results...I think I nailed it!

No comments: