Friday, June 13, 2008

And I tell you it's hotter than the goddess Athena!

So last week it finally happened at that one point you depend on it. Charlotte has been getting slammed, earlier than normal, with some rather hot temperatures. We're talking high 90's. So what happens? The AC goes out! The unit was 19 years old and of course dies when needed the most. So for about 5 days we suffered in a house with 91 degrees the average. The dogs and cats kept to themselves with the dogs looking at me with that look "Why? What did we do? Where is the cool temperatures Alpha?".

So now it's fixed...fixed as in the entire AC unit upstairs and outside being replaced. My desire to draw this past weekend was shot since just sitting in one location, one would have sweat pouring from them in every location sweat could pour from.

But now...it's quieter...saves energy and everyone is back to normal. I also started something today that I have wanted to try out for some time now. I started biking into work (7 miles) and will try to keep this up once a week throughout the summer. Maybe even up it to 2 -3 times a week just to, yes I have to say it, save a little bit of money on gas. I figure it takes about 1 gallon of gas per trip to and from work. So that's 4 dollars a day and two days will be 8. Over time it adds up and I will try to keep this up until end of Summer. Once the light of the sun begins to not help out lighting my way as much, I will have no desire to bike through this one park which offers peace and quiet during the moment or two I am in there.

Do you best to conserve. It's not going to get easier for a while and finding new sources of energy will take just as long if not longer.

That being said...I am working on a very nice piece for a friend. I will share once I can get a drawing I am I satisfied with. Cheers!

No comments: