Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A challenge well done!

So on the deviantart website I have most of my art on there is a group called Design A Character. Every week a challenge is thrown out and you can submit stuff from it. The first month it was shapes. The artist in charge gave you 5 shapes and you had to draw a character from them.

Here is an example...
From top to bottom you see the progress. Most went to the 3rd stage which is to color them as well. I just wanted to get some work in at the same time so passed on that.

The new challenge for the month of March is he gave us the character from Dragonball Z...I don't know this character at all nor the cartoon. But...the idea was to draw him different then what he normally is. From everything I saw of him he was attacking something, angry, happy, or wild looking. I went with it and thought he needed some "me time"...

This was my submission...
I actually enjoyed this one. I thought I would not like the colored one as I enjoy a lot of the black and white stuff. But...I actually do like the final piece.

On another note; my running sucks. I am not at all where I want to be. I admit letting mother nature dictate to me when I can or cannot run. If it wasn't for my friends in the running group I would be in even worse shape. So thank you friends!

I have another piece of art to show but not until it's given to the owner. She gets first look at it!

Be good gang and enjoy!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

i just left a long comment - or i think i did - but i had to sign in and sign up for a google account... and i think it blanked out. ah, my luck :) i LOVED your drawings - it was so cool seeing how you took random shapes and how they evolved in to characters! that is so cool - your talent is amazing! and this new art you speak of -- i think i might know the subject, and she is so excited to see :) i hadn't seen your blong in a while and i love your photos! that first one of you and donna is great. smooches - you are such a good person my sweet dude!