Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good Things!

So I'm trying to get to that next level in running and now fighting shin splints for my left leg. I deserve it as I tried to push myself to far 2 weeks ago with a 4.2 miler with all hills. I will not be put off but slowly get back and kick butt.

The cool thing is that I had my first drawing class last night. Now I was nervous going to it as I didn't know what to expect but it ended up being very cool. There are 11 of us in the class and we started with some very basic stuff (introductions, blind sketches, 30-sec sketches, shading). Future classes involve charcoal, color pencils, and other neat things. I am really pumped up about it as these are things that I always wanted some training on.

I also felt very good about where I am. I found I was not on the low end off knowledge and actually towards the top (at least that is what I think) but with the right direction I know I can get really good and take it to the next level.

On another note I am looking forward to my brother coming down this weekend and also some good running things going on in the next couple weeks. Which I will pass along in due time.

I will also put up some of the new sketches from the class as I go along. Cheers!

No comments: