Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A new era!

About time! That is my response to the Obama victory. The United States is about every person, no matter what race they might be, having an equal chance to succeed. Last night many walls that existed about race were broken. Many still exist, I see those every day down here, and I am sure they won't disappear completely but the steps we took forward as a nation over the last 24 hours has given me hope once more for the United States of America.

Of course change brings complaints from those who do not want to change. Some people are used to living in an environment that is stable, and not fluid. For many years we have become complacent and not doing what we used to do...change with the times.

My job as a Quality Manager is one where I am often looked upon as the change maker. That is because if something is broke it's my task to make it work, by finding a better way. I don't like change at times either but I will be the first to step up to the task for the greater good.

To all of those who embrace change I thank you! Cheers! To those who wish to stick to to the old ways I implore you to step outside the comfort zones you have created for yourself. Let's make the U.S.A. strong again!

No comments: