Thursday, October 9, 2008

Quick Update to the Blog

Sorry I haven't blogged anything in a while. With the new job I've been plenty busy getting things in order and when I get home it's a matter of relaxation. That and now that my foot is no longer an issue I've been working towards improving my running.

What I can say is that I've had an interesting time getting to know work. At my last job I'd been there for so long I no longer saw the walls, or battles taking place between people. At the new job I am seeing this again for the 1st time in a decade. It's really interesting as you wonder how the walls and issues between people got going in the 1st place. Some of it I will never know (and I really don't need to) as my job is to get everyone working together for a common goal...Quality!

What can I take from all this though? Well...that sometimes to see the big picture you have to stand away and disassociate yourself from it. I have a pretty good ethical side and find I can be neutral to a lot of things but it's still something to take in stride and apply now and then.

I am fortunate that I have two good people in my department. They understand our goal and want to get to it.

I've not put down sketching and still try to find time to do so. I tend to do some when I need to break from something that is perplexing, or when I am on hold waiting for someone.

I've pleased with the progress I've made on my art, please with the way I am working on my running. So when is the big wheel going to drive over me? I mean come on...I hit that period with my last job and my injury and now everything is great! Enjoy life while you can I guess.

Cheers!

No comments: