Thursday, November 29, 2007

Who out there hates colds?

I know I do! I am cursed! I ran the 8k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving in Charlotte. Did good as I made it part of my training for a half marathon I was planning to run in less then 2 weeks. Notice that I say "was planning"...

After the Turkey Trot the bottom of my left foot started to tighten up on me forcing me to pause on my running, then I get slammed by a freaking cold. Which has now moved into my chest and with a tough time breathing and coughing I have admitted defeat and have canceled my plan on running the half. It bugs me because I view things such that when I set out to do something I do my best to meet any expectations or goals. When I am unable to I take it as a failure.

Not good I know...but I'll survive and the point of running is to be able to understand injuries and be able to run later if you can't today.

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! Now it's on to Christmas!!! Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments: