Monday, April 12, 2010

A Weight Off The Shoulders...

So last week I went through a 5 day audit to get the company I work for certified in the ISO9001 Standard. With no major or minor issues reported we passed and got certified. This was a process that has taken 18 months total since that was when I was brought on board.

We still have a lot of projects lined up and it's not like once you get certified you stop doing what you did to get there. You have to continue with the meetings, the ideas, the records and documents, the internal audits, the inspections, etc...

I also had a wicked run Saturday morning. We did the "booty loop" which is a 3 mile loop by attacking it in a run 5 minutes and walk 2, and repeat till you are done. Prior to starting I was able to chat with two friends, Sean and Chris, who are now in the tapering part of training for the Boston Marathon which is next week. Between that and the audit being successful the stage was set for a good run. And boy was it...the weather was perfect with it being about 49 degrees at 9am. We completed the run in 33 minutes on the dot with 4 stops along the way for the 2 minute rests. The 5 minute runs were probably done at about a 9:39 pace and boy it was awesome! I'm feeling it today but it's a good feel.

I also was able to pick up the pencil and sketch again without thinking about audits. At first I wasn't liking it at all and then I kept tweaking it and tweaking it until I was blown away at the sketch, so then I added a pillar and some ivy which made it look like a Greek theme. Then without scanning, which shocked me, I just jumped into inking. I'm not done with this yet and I feel I can still tweak it some more with the computer but I am still in awe at this sketch / ink. I love the feel of it and the ivy...well the ivy freaking rocks. Here is it:



During the weekend we also got some yard work done. Some mowing, trimming, planting, weed killing, raking, etc...so the weekend was a good one with some naps thrown in as well! Till next time be good!

2 comments:

Kelly McKenzie said...

Like the new page background color. Awesome sketch as always. The ivy does rock! :)

J.M.L. said...

Beautiful sketch! Of course I'm a sucker for anything fantasy/historically themed, but besides that the expression on her face and pose are so classic - she just KNOWS she looks good!